8 Week Beginner MTB Early Season Prep Plan
Length: 8 Weeks
Average weekly training hours -- --
This plan is geared at the beginner to intermediate mountain bike rider/racer wanting to sharpen their ability to handle the intensity of mountain bike racing across repeated hard efforts and improving lactate threshold. This plan assumes you've already established a good solid aerobic base. This plan builds upon the foundation you built during your base period by strengthening your anaerobic capacity so you can handle repeated difficult efforts, maintain the threshold work you've already done so you can have the endurance to be competitive late in the race, and continue in building some consistent top end strength so you can handle the off and on power demands of MTB racing. Much of the intervals are built into the weekdays to allow for flexibility to replace some of the endurance weekend rides with races if so desired.
Who is this plan for?
- A beginner to intermediate mountain bike rider/racer.
- A individual with 7-12 hrs/week to train.
- Can handle 2-3 interval days a week.
- 1-1.5 hrs to train on weekdays.
- 1.5-3.5 hrs to train on weekends.
- Purchase and download a PDF of the training plan along with the training plan guide.
- Purchase the plan and apply it to your calendar in your membership account, download a pdf, and/or use the plan again later by accessing it in your training plan library.
This plan will work with either power or heart rate or both.
To get started, you'll want to make sure you complete the field test in the attached training guide (under plan details) to establish your training zones for this plan. Make sure you are well rested going into the field test and have had a few lighter rides leading into the field test.
Before starting this plan or any other plan, please consult with your doctor to ensure you are fit to complete a training plan with sustained cardiovascular workouts in warm to hot weather conditions.
For questions on this plan you can contact one of our coaches at email@example.com
You may also like these training plans: